Collection of Personal Data
This Personal Data and Information Notice is issued to all our users pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We treat and view your personal data seriously. In the course of your dealings with us, we may request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, user relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future services, and new service launches.
Nature of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include information concerning name, age, identity card number, date of birth, contact information, email address, employer and nationality.
Obligation to or Voluntary Supply of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be voluntarily provided by you; however, in order to fulfill certain conditions to use our services and/or products, it may be necessary that Personal Data information be provided before any service can be completed.
Impact Resulting from Failure to Supply Personal Data
The failure to supply such Personal Data will:
- Result in us being unable to process your application for the services requested;
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices and services requested;
- Affect your ability to use our services; and
- Result in us being unable to update you on our latest services.
Purpose of Collection Personal Data
The Personal Data that you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, among others, the following purposes:
- To deliver our services to you
- To deliver notices and /or materials such as articles or write-ups on our services
- To enable you to use our services
- To facilitate customer relationship management
- To use for purposes specifically provided for in any particular service offered by us
- To conduct marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services
- To provide customer care services
- To meet any legal or regulatory requirements to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our member companies
- To fulfill purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, bench-marking, statistical analysis and customer satisfaction survey)
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- Any of our related companies and subsidiaries including those established in the future;
- Our business partners that provide related services or products of Sarawak State Government;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers, professional advisors, external auditors and financial institutions;
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined to be necessary or appropriate.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data.
Personal Data Transfer and Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to another government agency or third party service or product providers under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Personal Data Retention
Personal Data provided by you is retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues; data is then destroyed unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, you leave our website. We do not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left our website.
Changes to the Notice
We may change this Personal Data and Information Notice from time to time. Kindly check the Personal Data and Information Notice from time to time to update yourself as to the most recent version which applies to all our website users.